You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
I need help with correct dish size and lnbf
08-07-2014, 12:34 PM
I need help with correct dish size and lnbf
Hi guys I'm from kolkataBig Grin I plan to catch these satellites 7.0°E 9.0°E 10.0°E and 13.0°E. I went to the dish shop and they recommended me to buy a 16ft dish (metal) They said. Easy to catch hotbird with that as my house is a 5 storied building with a clear line of site from those satellites. I need help as I know that it's very impossible to get hotbird reception in the west. Btw They said they catched hotbird from kolkata with 16ft no problem. They also said if they can't do it then no money. Can anyone experienced enough tell me if it's possible to get reception of those above satellites in my town? Thanks!Rolleyes

Hello, I'm new here! I'm from kolkata , Currently got 3 small dishes and one 8ft dish. Planning to buy one 6ft dish and 12ft(jams) to 16ft dish. Currently catching 49°E, 83°E, 88°E, 91.5°E, 100.5°E and 95°E. Planning to hunt 9.0°E, 10.0°E, 13.0°E, 19.2°E, 26.0°E, 28.0°E and OMG!Big Grin Wish me luck Angel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: I need help with correct dish size and lnbf
(08-07-2014 12:34 PM)RohanCK Wrote:  Hi guys I'm from kolkataBig Grin I plan to catch these satellites 7.0°E 9.0°E 10.0°E and 13.0°E. I went to the dish shop and they recommended me to buy a 16ft dish (metal) They said. Easy to catch hotbird with that as my house is a 5 storied building with a clear line of site from those satellites. I need help as I know that it's very impossible to get hotbird reception in the west. Btw They said they catched hotbird from kolkata with 16ft no problem. They also said if they can't do it then no money. Can anyone experienced enough tell me if it's possible to get reception of those above satellites in my town? Thanks!Rolleyes

hi RohanCK

as per news some guys received the same satellite in darjeeling in west bengal.

i will still guide you to contact jams to get there 12 feet dish it can be used to get this satellite.

as far as indian market is concerned only jams dish is able to get this signal.

hope this info helps.
08-07-2014, 04:49 PM
(08-07-2014 12:34 PM)RohanCK Wrote:  Hi guys I'm from kolkataBig Grin I plan to catch these satellites 7.0°E 9.0°E 10.0°E and 13.0°E. I went to the dish shop and they recommended me to buy a 16ft dish (metal) They said. Easy to catch hotbird with that as my house is a 5 storied building with a clear line of site from those satellites. I need help as I know that it's very impossible to get hotbird reception in the west. Btw They said they catched hotbird from kolkata with 16ft no problem. They also said if they can't do it then no money. Can anyone experienced enough tell me if it's possible to get reception of those above satellites in my town? Thanks!Rolleyes

good try rohan
08-07-2014, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 05:33 PM by RohanCK.)
(08-07-2014 03:53 PM)admin Wrote:  

hi RohanCK

i will still guide you to contact jams to get there 12 feet dish it can be used to get this satellite.

hope this info helps.

Impossible to get jams here in WB. I have to buy some other brands. Though I'm not worried. They said with 16ft dish it's guaranteed to receive signal.(They are in the business for over 80 years) I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Thanks for you help!

I been to Darjeeling few times. It's a very hill area like J&K. Maybe they were able to receive because of their height, Well I guess if I ever catch those european birds. I'm gonna be first in kolkata to ever do that..Big Grin Wish me luck!

Hello, I'm new here! I'm from kolkata , Currently got 3 small dishes and one 8ft dish. Planning to buy one 6ft dish and 12ft(jams) to 16ft dish. Currently catching 49°E, 83°E, 88°E, 91.5°E, 100.5°E and 95°E. Planning to hunt 9.0°E, 10.0°E, 13.0°E, 19.2°E, 26.0°E, 28.0°E and OMG!Big Grin Wish me luck Angel
08-07-2014, 07:24 PM
(08-07-2014 05:28 PM)RohanCK Wrote:  

hi RohanCK

hope this info helps.

Impossible to get jams here in WB. I have to buy some other brands. Though I'm not worried. They said with 16ft dish it's guaranteed to receive signal.(They are in the business for over 80 years) I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Thanks for you help!

I been to Darjeeling few times. It's a very hill area like J&K. Maybe they were able to receive because of their height, Well I guess if I ever catch those european birds. I'm gonna be first in kolkata to ever do that..Big Grin Wish me luck!

rohan nice to hear someone is trying this signal in west bengal too

yes as you go on elevated area getting fringe reception chances improve drastically

even this Darjeeling was printed in one of the indian magazine also

better go for 16 feet with seller gurantee that is the best offer. by the way what is the price they are asking for 16 feet dish
08-08-2014, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 09:36 AM by RohanCK.)
(08-07-2014 07:24 PM)DishExpert Wrote:  

hi RohanCK

hope this info helps.

yes as you go on elevated area getting fringe reception chances improve drastically

better go for 16 feet with seller gurantee that is the best offer. by the way what is the price they are asking for 16 feet dish

65000/- For everything except the receiver. I already bought one from China(I plan to buy CCCAM privet servers). Should arrive next week. I'm just worried about the customs tax Sad Costed me 4760/- with Fedex 3 day delivery.

I'm yet to see a guy from WB got reception of those above mentioned satellites in the whole internet. So bit worried:(or someone never tried with a big dish...who knowsHuh

08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
(08-08-2014 09:33 AM)RohanCK Wrote:  

hi RohanCK

hope this info helps.

65000/- For everything except the receiver. I already bought one from China(I plan to buy CCCAM privet servers). Should arrive next week. I'm just worried about the customs tax Sad Costed me 4760/- with Fedex 3 day delivery.

I'm yet to see a guy from WB got reception of those above mentioned satellites in the whole internet. So bit worried:(or someone never tried with a big dish...who knowsHuh

thanks for sharing the details as you said above if seller is giving gurantee of hotbird then no need to worry just pay some partial amount and tell him once you show me the signal I will pay you full amount.

as far as receiver customs is concerned its coming with fedex and fedex dhl are customs direct agents they always charge more customs.

generally on receiver customs is 600 -1200 rs based on customs officer
08-08-2014, 03:18 PM
(08-08-2014 12:48 PM)DishExpert Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 03:53 PM)admin Wrote:  hi RohanCK

hope this info helps.

thanks for sharing the details as you said above if seller is giving gurantee of hotbird then no need to worry just pay some partial amount and tell him once you show me the signal I will pay you full amount.

as far as receiver customs is concerned its coming with fedex and fedex dhl are customs direct agents they always charge more customs.

I'm expecting Rs 600 even though I told him to send me as a gift and Put "Multimedia player worth 30$ on the invoice){*Which is fake} Just to avoid customs. If things go as I've planned then hopefully I don't have to pay any taxRolleyes Will arrive around Wednesday next week. I'll share some pics as soon I get it and let everyone know how much is the actual customs or if my method worked.

08-09-2014, 12:18 AM
(08-08-2014 03:18 PM)RohanCK Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 05:28 PM)RohanCK Wrote:  Impossible to get jams here in WB. I have to buy some other brands. Though I'm not worried. They said with 16ft dish it's guaranteed to receive signal.(They are in the business for over 80 years) I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Thanks for you help!

I'm expecting Rs 600 even though I told him to send me as a gift and Put "Multimedia player worth 30$ on the invoice){*Which is fake} Just to avoid customs. If things go as I've planned then hopefully I don't have to pay any taxRolleyes Will arrive around Wednesday next week. I'll share some pics as soon I get it and let everyone know how much is the actual customs or if my method worked.

RohanCK one suggestion next time don't use fedex or dhl use only chinapost or ems to save customs
08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
(08-09-2014 12:18 AM)admin Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 03:18 PM)RohanCK Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 07:24 PM)DishExpert Wrote:  rohan nice to hear someone is trying this signal in west bengal too

RohanCK one suggestion next time don't use fedex or dhl use only chinapost or ems to save customs

I know but they said. It's gonna take around 40 days to receive via ems, sg post, china post etc. Also not as reliable as DLH or say FedEx. Even In india speedpost takes hella time to deliver. As I need the receiver immediately for my dish. That's why I choose delivery via FedEx.